If you’re someone who uses a dual monitor setup or multiple desktops on Windows 11 or Windows 10, you might have encountered the challenge of wanting to set different wallpapers for each desktop or each monitor. Fortunately, both Windows 11 and Windows 10 offer built-in features that allow you to do just that.
Setting different wallpapers for different desktops on Windows 11 is quite simple. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Click on the Desktop icon on your Taskbar.
2. Right-click on one of the available desktops and select the “Choose background” option.
3. Alternatively, you can press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings and go to “Personalization” > “Background”.
4. You will see a selection of wallpapers. Right-click on the one you want to set as the wallpaper for a specific desktop.
5. From the context menu, select “Set for desktop” and choose the desktop number you want to assign the wallpaper to (Desktop 1/2/3, etc.).
![How to set different wallpaper on different desktops on Windows 11](https://ab.edu.vn/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/how-to-set-different-wallpaper-on-different-desktops-on-windows-11-10.jpg)
You can also select a custom wallpaper by clicking on the “Browse photos” button and following the same steps as mentioned above.
Please note that currently, you can only set different pictures as the desktop background. It is not possible to set an image on one desktop and a solid color or slideshow on another desktop.
For Windows 10 users, the process is similar. Here’s how to set different wallpapers on dual monitors in Windows 10:
1. Open the Settings app by pressing the Win+X keys and selecting “Settings”.
2. In the Settings app, go to “System” > “Display”.
3. Check the box that shows the display number or use the “Identify” button to visually identify the displays.
4. Open “Personalization” > “Background” settings.
5. You will see a selection of wallpapers. Right-click on a wallpaper and choose either “Set for monitor 1” or “Set for monitor 2”, depending on which monitor you want to assign the wallpaper to.
![Set different Wallpapers on Dual Monitors in Windows 10](https://ab.edu.vn/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/how-to-set-different-wallpaper-on-different-desktops-on-windows-11-10.png)
You can also import wallpapers from third-party websites. Simply click the “Browse” button, import the wallpaper, and right-click on it to select the monitor number.
It’s worth mentioning that if you close the second or third desktop, your wallpaper settings will be removed, and you’ll have to set the wallpaper again.
I hope this guide helps you personalize your desktop and make it even more enjoyable to use. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. And remember, for more tech-related tips and tricks, visit Abstract Education.