Living in a rental home can sometimes limit our creativity when it comes to decorating. But when you stumble upon something like this Harry Potter wallpaper, practicality goes out the window! I recently came across this stunning wallpaper on my newsfeed, and I couldn’t help but get excited about the possibilities.
Now, I have to mention that this wallpaper is a bit on the pricey side. It’s rumored to cost around $111 per roll, which amounts to about $89 pounds. And I have to say, it’s not going to cover a whole lot of square footage, based on other high-end wallpaper brands. One person mentioned spending over $400 pounds just to cover one wall! So, it’s important to consider your budget and how many rolls you can afford.
If you can only budget for one roll, don’t worry! There are still plenty of creative ways you can incorporate this magical wallpaper into your home. Let me share some ideas with you:
1. Tapestry Headboard: Use the wallpaper to create a faux fabric headboard. The design featuring the Black family tree would make a stunning statement piece in your bedroom. You can take inspiration from Emma Casti for Remodelista and create a beautiful tapestry headboard.
2. A Secret Behind The Door: Frame a panel of the Marauder’s Map wallpaper on the back of a door. This way, it remains hidden until you close yourself inside the room. It adds an element of surprise and mystery to your space. Take a look at the example from the Wallpaper Projects book for inspiration.
3. A Window Into A Magical World: Imagine the golden snitches flying about through a windowpane, creating a whimsical scene. It’s like having your very own view of a Quidditch match from your room. This idea works well if you have a window with panes. You can use the wallpaper as a backdrop, just like we did in our rental house with Chasing Paper samples.
4. A Reading Nook: The Hogwarts Library Book Covers design is perfect for creating a cozy reading nook. Imagine snuggling up with a book and feeling like you’re in the Hogwarts library. If you don’t already have a reading nook, you can frame one out using the wallpaper, like Pottery Barn Modern Baby did.
5. Plaster Paper On Furniture: Transform an inexpensive IKEA RAST dresser into a bold statement piece by covering it with the Daily Prophet paper design. This idea adds a touch of magic to any room. Take a look at the example from At Home With Ashley for inspiration.
Now, before you dive into these projects, keep in mind that this Harry Potter wallpaper is traditional and not peel and stick. This means you may need to use something like Mod Podge to adhere the paper. You can find a simple tutorial on how to do this on Design Sponge.
As for me, I’m still deciding whether to use this wallpaper in our rental house or wait until we buy our own home. They would be perfect for a game room, but I’m also tempted to plaster a whole half bath with the Daily Prophet design!
If you’re interested in getting your hands on this Harry Potter wallpaper, make sure to check out Abstract Education for more information. They may be able to provide you with the details and help you with your purchase.
Remember, decorating your home should be a fun and creative process. Don’t be afraid to let your imagination soar and embrace the magic of Harry Potter in your living space!