Opera Wallpaper Not Working or Showing Up, How to Fix?
Hey there, if you’re an Opera or Opera GX browser user and facing issues with your wallpaper not working or showing up, don’t worry! It’s a common problem that can be easily fixed. Let’s dive into some simple solutions to get your wallpaper back.
Why is Your Opera Wallpaper Not Loading?
There are a few reasons why your Opera wallpaper might not be working:
- The Wallpapers feature is turned off.
- Conflicting extensions.
- Software bugs.
- Outdated Opera browser.
- Opera Battery Saver is turned on.
- Too many background processes.
- Corrupted installation.
Now let’s guide you through some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Fixing the Opera Wallpaper Not Working Problem
Try the following solutions one by one until your wallpaper starts showing up. These solutions apply to both Opera and Opera GX browsers.
1. Make Sure Wallpapers Are Turned On
Firstly, ensure that the Wallpapers feature is enabled in your Opera browser settings:
- Open Opera and press Alt + P together to access Opera settings.
- Check if the “Enable wallpapers” option is turned on. If not, enable it.
Now, set a light wallpaper and check if it shows up on the Opera home page.
If the wallpapers option is already turned on, move on to the next solution.
2. Disable and Re-Enable Wallpapers
Some users have reported that disabling and then enabling wallpapers can resolve the issue. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Opera Settings and disable wallpapers.
- Close all open tabs.
- Close the Opera browser and open it again.
- Go back to Opera Settings and enable wallpapers.
Give it a try, as it has worked for many users.
3. Disable All Extensions
Sometimes, browser extensions can conflict with certain functions, including wallpapers. You can try disabling extensions one by one to identify the culprit:
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Click on the cube icon in the sidebar to view all extensions. If you’re using the general Opera browser, you can find this icon in the upper-right corner.
3. Disable extensions one by one by toggling them off.
Once disabled, close the browser and reopen it. Your wallpaper should now be visible again.
4. Disable Battery Saver
If you have the Opera Battery Saver feature turned on, it may be preventing your animated wallpaper from working. You can try disabling it using these steps:
- Go to Opera settings.
- Type “battery saver” in the search box and disable Battery saver.
5. Restart Your PC
Low system memory can restrict the browser from functioning properly, including displaying wallpapers. To free up system resources, restart your PC. This will clear temporary memory and background tasks. Once your PC has restarted, check if the wallpaper is showing up.
6. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Cache data can sometimes get corrupted and cause various issues. Clearing your browser cache may help:
- Go to Opera settings.
- Click on “Privacy and Security” and select “Clear browsing data”.
3. Set the time range to “All time” and check the “Browsing history” and “Cached images and files” boxes. Then click “Clear data”.
7. Reinstall the Browser
If none of the above solutions work, you can try reinstalling the Opera browser. This can fix issues caused by corrupted files:
- Close the Opera browser.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search box and hit Enter.
3. Set “View by” to “Small icons”.
4. Select “Programs and Features”.
5. Right-click on “Opera” and select “Uninstall”.
6. Choose the “Reinstall” option.
After reinstalling, set up Opera again and your wallpaper should finally show up.
We hope these solutions help in getting your Opera wallpaper back to normal. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out. Happy browsing!